[Openswan Users] How to combine two VPN tunnels

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Apr 13 12:18:49 EDT 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Marcus Carlson wrote:

> If I'm correct then OpenVPN would allow you to do this. But of course
> the roadwarriors have to use a different client then.

That seems unlikely, as gwB would still have the problem of not knowing
when roadwarior is connected to gwA on a random IP address to send its
traffic to gwA. So this could only work if gwA upon connecting with the
roadwarrior, would connect to gwB and tell it to route subnetB for
the roadwarrior ip via gwA. Possible, but requires lots of custom hacks
that will not prove to be stable when you add multiple roadwarriors into
the mix.

Paul