[Openswan Users] Ubuntu server / openswan 2.6.12 + klips2.6.16

Andraz Sraka a at aufbix.org
Mon Sep 29 08:34:37 EDT 2008

Hello,

Yet another weird problem I come across. I have managed to get working
kernel 2.6.24.5 (vanilla) with klips patch and without netkey support.

The old net2net configuration on this linux router seems to work
(according to 'ipsec auto --status' status) but no ipsec/IP traffic goes
through. After more debugging and come across this ..

root:/usr/src# /etc/init.d/ipsec start
ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec U2.4.12/K2.6.16...
ipsec_setup: /usr/lib/ipsec/eroute: pfkey write failed, returning -1
with errno=96.
ipsec_setup: Unknown socket write error 96.  Please report as much
detail as possible to development team.

root:/usr/src# ipsec setup restart
ipsec_setup: Stopping Openswan IPsec...
ipsec_setup: /usr/lib/ipsec/eroute: pfkey write failed, returning -1
with errno=96.
ipsec_setup: Unknown socket write error 96.  Please report as much
detail as possible to development team.
ipsec_setup: ERROR: Removing 'ipsec': Device or resource busy
ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec U2.4.12/K2.6.16...
ipsec_setup: /usr/lib/ipsec/eroute: pfkey write failed, returning -1
with errno=96.
ipsec_setup: Unknown socket write error 96.  Please report as much
detail as possible to development team.

Does anyone have any clue what could be the problem?

Thanks,
 Andraz

--
Humppa all the way!!