[Openswan Users] ipsec woes for private lan testing

Brent Clark brentgclarklist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:29:23 EDT 2008

Hi

So yesterday  it was a public holiday here in South Africa, and with the
wife studying for her economics exam, thought id take out the prackt
openswan book, and try and get my two machines that sit on a private
ipaddress (192.168.11.0/24) to talk to each other.

No such luck try as I may it just wouldn't work,
I dont have a gateway .... as I dont need one. (well least with openvpn
I dont).

On the machines (minimalistic debian installation), when the services
start, I cant ping each other, but when ipsec is down, they are able to
ping.

so ... if anyone has a heart and can help me, by please providing me
with a working conf that I can place on both machines, it would *REALLY*
be appreciated.

Ive being looking on Jacco de Leeuw's site and googling, but it appears
no one has a setup like im trying to pull off, for testing and playing
purposes.
I was wondering if it has anything to do with PolicyGroups, and the
files in /etc/ipsec.d/policies/, but I cant find anything to suggest it.

If anyone can help with a working conf that allows two machine, with no
gateway / router in the middle,  with ipaddress 192.168.11.10 and
192.168.11.20 to bring up a simple tunnel, Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark