[Openswan Users] Help request for IPSec/L2TP starting daemon

Mauro Femminella mfemm at tiscali.it
Thu Sep 18 13:22:36 EDT 2008

Dear Paul,

thanks for your reply.

My network is a bit particular. The Lab where I am doing my thesis is
equipped with a block of public IP addresses, which is a.b.c.0/24. The
Openswan server is not the GW of the LAN, which is not my control, but
it is simply a PC with one network interface with a public IP address,
which is a.b.c.34.
I have been required that this PC (a.b.c.34) will implement Openswan
server and the L2TP daemon, and will assign to roadwarriors one of the
following IP addresses on the LAN Lab, which have been assigned to my
project (a.b.c.51 and a.b.c.52). The local IP (a.b.c.56) is the IP
address of the "virtual" interface which should assign to roadwarriors
one of these two public IP addresses.

I hope to have been clear. What do you suggest?

Thanks and best regards.