[Openswan Users] Openswan to Sonicwall

Dave Vree mailing51 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:32:08 EDT 2008

I look deeper into this issue and found some Sonicwall documents on
their web site.  Apparently I needed to enable phase I agressive mode.

I added  "aggrmode=yes" to my connection definition and got past Xauth
authentication.   I am know bumping into other problems, but these are
for another thread (after some more research).  Thanks for your help.

By the way - in my research I read that 2.6 kernels do not require the line

    interfaces="ipsec0=eth0"

in the config file.  I took it out and it seemed to have no effect.  Is
this correct?

Best,
Dave