[Openswan Users] Can't start pluto ( on 2.6.25 kernel )

Avesh Agarwal avagarwa at redhat.com
Sun Sep 14 20:26:53 EDT 2008

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008, OCG Technical Support wrote:
>

>> I think the problem is SeLinux related.  Does anyone have a local policy
>> written for ipsec / Pluto ??
>>

> File a bug report with bugzilla? Tuomo has done some SElinux fixes, but
> I think they got it all merged into the redhat/fedora packages already.
>
> I'm not a SEliux expert, so the only other advise I could give is to
> fully disable it.
>
> Paul

Instead of fully disabling SeLinux, another possibility is to put
Selinux into permissive mode . You can do that by two ways.

1. "setenforce 0"   or
2. or changing the configuration file /etc/selinux/config and   put
"SELINUX=permissive".

This way you can still get some warnings through SeLinux, and pluto can
get started too.
Even I am not familiar much with SeLinux, but its just a suggestion.

Avesh