[Openswan Users] (no subject)

Eugenio Vescovi eugevesco at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 12 07:08:51 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to establish a roadwarrior connection using openswan\lx2tpd(I wanto to assign to my roadwarrior a virtual ip-address inside the openswan gateway's lan).
Both server and client are natted
(10.1.1.0/24  client10.1.1.16-----10.1.1.1router141.250.x.x--------------internet-------------140.250.x.x-router-192.168.1.1----------192.168.1.9openswan gateway 192.168.1.0/24).
 Following Jacco's advices it seems everything should work right.
At first I establish a tunnel from client to server(the comand /etc/init.d/ipsec status says 1tunnel up, some eroute exist), and after that I start the xl2tpd
 daemon on client (and server) in order to assign to my roadwarrior the virtual ip address.

Here's my xl2tpd.conf of the client

  [lac Eugenio_prova]                            ; Example VPN LAC definition  lns = 141.250.x.x                    ; * Who is our LNS?; lns = lns2.marko.net                    ; * A backup LNS (not yet used)  redial = yes                            ; * Redial if disconnected?; redial timeout = 15                    ; * Wait n seconds between redials; max redials = 5                        ; * Give up after n consecutive failures; hidden bit = yes                        ; * User hidden AVP's?; local ip = 192.168.1.1                ; * Force peer to use this IP for us; remote ip = 192.168.1.2                ; * Force peer to use this as their IP; length bit = no                        ; * Use length bit in payload?  require pap = no                        ; * Require PAP auth. by peer  require chap = no                    ; * Require CHAP auth. by peer  refuse pap = yes                        ; * Refuse PAP authentication  refuse chap = yes                        ; * Refuse CHAP authentication  refuse authentication = yes            ; * Refuse authentication altogether; require authentication = no            ; * Require peer to authenticate  name = roadwarrior                            ; * Report this as our hostname; ppp debug = no                        ; * Turn on PPP debugging  pppoptfile = /etc/ppp/options.l2tpd.lac    ; * ppp options file for this lac; call rws = 10                            ; * RWS for call (-1 is valid); tunnel rws = 4                        ; * RWS for tunnel (must be > 0); flow bit = yes                        ; * Include sequence numbers; challenge = yes                        ; * Challenge authenticate peer

I don't want any type of autentication for the moment.
My problem is that, when i try to startup l2tpd daemon with /etc/init.d/xl2tpd start (after creating the required folder /var/run/xl2tpd) NOTING HAPPEN.
I don't know why.I use wireshark to sniffing over eth0, but there are no packets exchanging between client and server when I startup xl2tpd.
Do you have any suggestion?!
This is the last step of my thesis, but i can't do it, I hope somebody can help me.
Thank you in advantage.