[Openswan Users] IPSec SA established in quick mode, but nothing flows over ipsec interface

Eduan Basson eduan at multenet.com
Thu Sep 11 09:48:54 EDT 2008

Hi all

So it seems from my logs that I do indeed connect Main Mode and Quick Mode:

> Sep 10 09:08:57 warn pluto[693]: "ipsec" #4: STATE_QUICK_I2: sent QI2,
> IPsec SA established {ESP=>0x6a10e904 <0xa308b7d2 xfrm=3DES_0-HMAC_SHA1
> NATD=none DPD=none}

But a tcpdump -f esp shows me nothing, and a tcpdump on the external
interface (ppp0) only shows isakmp messages (and the ipsec0 interface),
no esp messages. And so no encrypted traffic exits my box. Does anybody
have any idea what I could look at or try?

Thank you

Eduan Basson