[Openswan Users] SOLVED (partially): VPN client IP addressing configuration issues

Rolando Zappacosta zappacor at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Sep 8 14:42:08 EDT 2008

> > > Add a 'passthrough' connection. See
> > > /etc/ipsec.d/examples/passthrough.conf
> >
> > I don't have that one installed and couldn't
> find it on the 2.4.16 tar nor surfing the web  :-(
> >
> >   One thing worth noting is the GW I connect to has a
> public IP address  (AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD) that lies on the same
> network I need to reach through it (AAA.0.0.0/8):
>
> See eg:
> http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/users/2005-December/007763.html

  I saw that and another one but I can't figure out how should I configure it on my case. For me, it gets even worst as I get an AAA.0.0.0/8 configured on my own PC dynamically when tunnel comes up.

  I tried this with no luck:
version 2.0

config setup

conn Intranet
        aggrmode=yes
        ike=3des-sha1-modp1024
        authby=secret
        left=%defaultroute
        leftxauthclient=yes
        leftmodecfgclient=yes
        modecfgpull=yes
        pfs=no
        type=passthrough
        right=AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD
        rightsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
        auto=route

include /etc/ipsec/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

as OSW complains this:
RJZ-LNX ipsec # ipsec auto --up Intranet
030 "Intranet": cannot initiate an authby=never connection