[Openswan Users] Auto Negotiation is not happening

PVG Ravi Kumar pvgravi at dlink.co.in
Mon Nov 24 06:44:25 EST 2008

Hello All,

I am using 2.4.13 with Fedora core 4 system.

Auto negotiation is not happening, when I initiate the traffic from my left
or right subnet.

Here is my config file

config setup

            interfaces=%defaultroute

            nat_traversal=yes

            # Debug-logging controls:  "none" for (almost) none, "all" for
lots.

            klipsdebug=all

     plutodebug=all

conn Remote

            type=tunnel

            authby=secret

            left=%defaultroute

            leftid=10.1.1.253

            leftsubnet=192.168.200.173/24

            right=192.168.10.183

            rightid=10.1.1.254

            rightsubnet=192.168.100.183/24

            ike=des-md5-modp1536

            ikelifetime=28800

            keylife=14400

            auto=add

If I do "ipsec auto --up Remote" and "ipsec auto --down Remote", and
initiate traffic from the left or right subnet then the negotiation was
happening.

With this, if I do "ipsec auto --delete Remote" and "ipsec auto --add
Remote", and initiate traffic from the left or right subnet then the
negotiation was not happening.

Please tell me what to add in my config file to have auto negotiation

Thanks in advance

Ravi

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to D-Link (India) Limited and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It
may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the
contents of this message. D-Link (India) Limited accepts no responsibility
for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by
this email including damage from virus.