[Openswan Users] Problems with xL2tp/ppp with openswan on vista

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu May 1 11:29:42 EDT 2008

James wrote:

> 1. He gets disconnected after about 60 mins.

I think this is the Vista rekey bug that Paul Wouters mentioned a while
ago. 64-bit OS or IPv6 is probably not a factor, although I'm not so
sure about NAT.

> 3. He has to reboot his laptop to reconnect

Hm, that's a bit drastic. What if you just restart the "Remote Access
Connection Manager" (located in "Settings" -> "Control Panel" ->
"Administrative Tools" -> "Services"), or run as Administrator
in a Command prompt:

net stop  "Remote Access Connection Manager"
net start "Remote Access Connection Manager"

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl