[Openswan Users] Roadwarriors with the same ID_FQDN

Julien DELEAN julien.delean at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 10:22:02 EDT 2008

2008/3/17, Jacco de Leeuw <jacco2 at dds.nl>:

> Julien DELEAN wrote:
>
> > I've a problem with my roadwarriors. Some of them have the same ID_FQDN
> > : '@example' and I can't change it.
>

> This is the hostname configured on the client, so it is actually something
> that you can change.

No I can't ask my customers to change their Windows hostname.
I could try to dispatch my customers on different Openswan servers depending
their ID_FQDN in order to assure uniq ID_FQDN but it's really really really
hard for me to implement this in my production environment.

> Does anybody know if non-unique ID for roadwarrior connections on an
> > Openswan Server is a really really bad thing ? Why ?
>

> AFAIK only Windows 2000/XP clients do this when NAT is involved.
> I don't think it's in the official NAT-T RFC.

All my roadwarriors are Windows 2000/XP/Vista clients.
Do you think that setting uniqids=no is an acceptable solution ?

Thanks

Julien DELEAN