[Openswan Users] endless loop pluto keeps crashing and trying to restart

Roberto C. Sánchez roberto at connexer.com
Mon Mar 10 19:17:16 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 07:19:41PM -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Brian Gustin wrote:
>
> > OK.. if you mean the source code directory, I dont have that on this
> > machine- it is a debian packaged install, (apt-get install openswan)
>
> I did. I don't know how debian packages debug info for packages. On
> fedora you can install the debug package to get symbols for gdb.
>
> > I havent yet found the source code for that- either way there is no
> > openswan-2.x.y./OBJ*/programs/pluto/ directory, so I guess, have to
> > figure this out the hard way.
>
> It's the source/build directory.

Unfortunately, Debian does not ship a debug package for openswan.  It
might not hurt to file a wishlist bug requesting such a package.
However, in the meantime, the debug info can be had by rebuilding the
source package with the nostrip option passed to dpkg-buildpackage.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez