[Openswan Users] Ipsec auto --up {tunnelname} hangs

Greg Scott GregScott at InfraSupportEtc.com
Fri Jun 20 14:39:41 EDT 2008

> end up sharing a phase1 if you connect both tunnels to the same IP
> addresses on each end. Which might be part of your problem?

I just saw this after I sent my other long-winded email.  The IP
Addresses on the LAN side are different but the Internet side is the
same for both.  Here are relevant portions of the conn definitions.

# basic configuration

conn JanesvilleCheetah-Everywhere
        type=tunnel
        #
        # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, next hop toward
right.
        #
        also=janesvillecheetah
        leftupdown=/etc/ipsec.d/janesville.cheetah-updown.sh
        #
        # Right security gateway, subnet behind it, next hop toward
left.
        #
        also=hq
        auto=start

conn JanesvillePNT-Everywhere
        type=tunnel
        #
        # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, next hop toward
right.
        #
        also=janesvillepnt
        leftupdown=/etc/ipsec.d/janesville.pnt-updown.sh
        #
        # Right security gateway, subnet behind it, next hop toward
left.
        #
        also=hq
        auto=ignore

conn janesvillecheetah
	left=nnn.mmm.79.74
	leftnexthop=nnn.mmm.79.78
	leftsubnet=172.21.2.0/24
	leftsourceip=172.21.2.1
	leftid=@janesvillecheetah.local
	# RSA 2192 bits   Janesville-fw   Wed Apr 30 11:17:40 2008
	leftrsasigkey=0sAQPXn8RAob3n5...

conn janesvillepnt
	left=nnn.mmm.79.74
	leftnexthop=nnn.mmm.79.78