[Openswan Users] Vista Rekeying solution available yet?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Jun 11 09:15:10 EDT 2008

> Not always... (if we talk about the initiator of the rekeying)
>
> With Transfer Volume limitation on Windows side, roadwarrior coud be the initiatior of the rekeying...
> We have a lot of roadwarriors on XP and Vista (severals hundreds)... And Vista connections are really really unstable and I'm almost sure that
> it caused by this rekeying bug...
>
> Paul has confirmed this problem : http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/dev/2007-October/001683.html
>
> Any help would be very appreciated to workaround this Microsoft "bug" (or "feature" according to Microsoft :P)

It seems all my direct and indirect contacts at Microsoft are not responding
to me anymore. I'm not very hopeful this will get addressed by them.

A workaround might be possible, but it depends on the nature of their bug. If
they just send us the wrong proposal, but do it right anyway, they we might
be able to workaround it and ignoring theirs and doing ours. But if they
actually install the reverse IPsec SA's, then we cannot work around it (though
then we can tempt them into giving us 0.0.0.0/0 traffic, which would at
least make it front page news and then they might spend the time to fix it)