[Openswan Users] netkey to klips error: EXPECTATION FAILED

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Jun 9 20:01:08 EDT 2008

Hello, all.  We finally integrated netkey + pluto support into the ISCS
network security project (http://iscs.sourceforge.net - in the CVS only
- the tarball is dreadfully out of date) and have set up our first
netkey gateway in production.  It is communicating with a number of
SecureComputing SG580 appliances running freeswan on the 2.4 kernel
(pluto + KLIPS).

The connection is working reasonably well but we are filling our logs
with the following errors:

pluto[2610]: "Manchester2RAS" #1737: EXPECTATION FAILED
at /src/openswan-2.5.17/programs/pluto/kernel.c:2581:
kernel_ops->eroute_idle != NULL

As it says, we are running openswan 2.5.17 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.
uname -a returns:
Linux niagras1.niag.com 2.6.18-92.1.1.el5 #1 SMP Thu May 22 09:01:29 EDT
2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I found very little information googling for this error other than a
recently closed bug report in openswan 2.6.  What's causing it and how
do I fix it in openswan 2.5.17? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com