[Openswan Users] iPhone VPN Connection

Jon Blackie jblackie at teleco.ca
Wed Jul 16 12:54:48 EDT 2008

I use a similar arrangement to provide connectivity for my laptops to
the office from home. Since I can be on one of several PCs I just use
openswan and some appropriate firewall rules. My suggestion as far as
DNS is concerned would be to look into dnsmasq. I have added an entry
into the dnsmasq config to resolve pcs on my work domain by using the
DNS server in the office across the VPN. I don't have ssh available or I
would show you an example.

My laptops are assigned my DNS server at home via DHCP. When they
resolve server01.example01.local through dnsmasq the request is
forwarded by dnsmasq to the name server at the office. As long as your
Iphone is using full domain names it should work fine.