[Openswan Users] KLIPS 2.4.12 kpatch doesn't generate all files in net/ipsec/

Toby Heywood theywood at alaric.com
Mon Feb 25 18:07:58 EST 2008

I could be completely wrong here, but looking back at the source tree
for KLIPS 2.4.9 there was (at the time) a file called version.c in
net/ipsec/ is this still required?

If it is then it would appear that it is not being generated as part of
the kpatch routine for OpenSwan 2.4.12 and also is not included in the
KLIPS patch file published on the OpenSwan web site.

On a separate note. What's with the sudden jump in version numbers? Have
we really missed out on OpenSwan versions between 2.4.12 and 2.5.16 as
is published on the website?

Regards

TH

Toby Heywood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an update on my current progress but would still appreciate any
> assistance.
>
> I have downloaded the kernel source (2.6.22) from www.kernel.org and
> OpenSwan KLIPS and NAT-T patches (2.4.12). patched the kernel source,
> updated the .config file.  When running make, I receive the following
> error message:
>
>   CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_init.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_sa.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_radij.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/radij.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_life.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_proc.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_tunnel.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_xmit.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_rcv.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_ipip.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_snprintf.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/sysctl_net_ipsec.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/pfkey_v2.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/pfkey_v2_parser.o
>   CC      net/ipsec/pfkey_v2_ext_process.o
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `net/ipsec/version.o', needed by
> `net/ipsec/ipsec.o'.  Stop.
> make[1]: *** [net/ipsec] Error 2
> make: *** [net] Error 2
>
> Can anyone tell me what needs to be put in the Makefile to get this to
> work?  Should I use the kpatch option instead of using the patch
> provided on the openswan website?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards
>
> Toby

Alaric Systems Ltd. Registered in England No. 3314005 Registered Office:
108 Linton House, 164-180 Union Street, London SE1 0LH