[Openswan Users] KLIPS (2.4.11) & Kernel make issues

Toby Heywood theywood at alaric.com
Mon Feb 25 09:50:26 EST 2008

Hi,

I have an update on my current progress but would still appreciate any
assistance.

I have downloaded the kernel source (2.6.22) from www.kernel.org and
OpenSwan KLIPS and NAT-T patches (2.4.12). patched the kernel source,
updated the .config file.  When running make, I receive the following
error message:

  CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_init.o
  CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_sa.o
  CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_radij.o
  CC      net/ipsec/radij.o
  CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_life.o
  CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_proc.o
  CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_tunnel.o
  CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_xmit.o
  CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_rcv.o
  CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_ipip.o
  CC      net/ipsec/ipsec_snprintf.o
  CC      net/ipsec/sysctl_net_ipsec.o
  CC      net/ipsec/pfkey_v2.o
  CC      net/ipsec/pfkey_v2_parser.o
  CC      net/ipsec/pfkey_v2_ext_process.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `net/ipsec/version.o', needed by
`net/ipsec/ipsec.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [net/ipsec] Error 2
make: *** [net] Error 2

Can anyone tell me what needs to be put in the Makefile to get this to
work?  Should I use the kpatch option instead of using the patch
provided on the openswan website?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Toby