[Openswan Users] OpenSwan: IPSec - unable to ping

Chandrakant Solanki solanki.chandrakant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 03:40:01 EST 2008

Hello,

I have working on RHEL5 with kernel 2.6.18-8.el5xen and other side i have
used RH9 with kernel 2.4.20-8.
I have configured ipsec.conf file with the help of PSK.
I have attached/specified my configuration file over here.

*RHEL5 Configuration...
OpenSwan version: Linux Openswan U2.4.7/K(no kernel code presently loaded)*

conn net-to-net
        authby=secret
        left=219.xx.yy.229
        leftsubnet=192.168.100.0/24
        leftnexthop=219.xx.yy.1
        right=123.aa.bb.163
        rightsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
        rightnexthop=203.xx.yy.1
        auto=start

*RH9 Configuration...
OpenSwan Version: Linux Openswan U2.4.4/K2.06 (klips)*

conn net-to-net
        authby=secret
        left=219.xx.yy.229
        leftsubnet=192.168.100.0/24
        leftnexthop=219.xx.yy.1
        right=123.aa.bb.163
        rightsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
        rightnexthop=203.xx.yy.1
        auto=start

1] Tunnel can be shown from RH9 system but unable to see from RHEL5 system.
2] Unable to ping each others network i.e. 192.168.0.0/24 to
192.168.100.0/24 or vice versa
3] firewall is stopped.

4] Ipsec verify command run successfully evaluated

Please help me to come out.

--
Regards,

Chandrakant Solanki