[Openswan Users] User Mailing List

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Aug 6 15:48:46 EDT 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Toni Cosma wrote:

> Sorry for my direct email but I have a problem and no solution.
>
> I am a user member on openswan mailing list.
>
> I don’t know why I cannot post messages on the list.

I am not sure either. If you can reach me, you should be able to reach the mailing lists too.

> This was my messages:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I want to migrate from openswan 2.4.9 to openswan 2.6.14
>
> and I have 2 questions:
>
>   - If I want to use KLIPS where is the Klips patch ?

Patches are posted on the ftp/www site, or you can create them with:

 	export KERNELSRC=/your/kernel/tree
 	cd openswan-2.x.y
 	make kpatch

(or just run 'make module' to do an out of tree compilation without needing to patch the kernel source)

>   - Until now I have used kernel 2.6.18.7, I must to upgrade the kernel too ? If yes, which is the higher kernel version that
> can I use ?

2.6.18.7 should probably work fine.