[Openswan Users] Problem with multiple connection in l2tp/ipsec

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Sep 25 16:19:14 EDT 2007

D h @ v @ l wrote:

> Another problem Is that When I apply Leftsubnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
> than it doesnt make connection. Is it not supported? I want to make
> Net-to-Net and Net-to-RoadWarrior Connection. So I have to use Leftsubnet
> and Rightsubnet.

Actually, the L2TP server does that for you. So if you want to use L2TP/IPsec
(the built-in protocol in Windows/Mac clients) then you don't use leftsubnet.

However, if you want to use pure IPsec and not L2TP/IPsec, then you do use
leftsubnet. But then you have to use a third-party IPsec client or do funky
stuff with the built-in client.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl