[Openswan Users] Problem with multiple connection in l2tp/ipsec

D h @ v @ l dhaval4linux at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 08:09:10 EDT 2007

Hi everyone

    I want to make multiple connection. But when I add leftid and rightid in connection to ipsec.conf than it doesnt make connection with windows client. here I am giving my ipsec.conf and ipsec.secrets file.

ipsec.conf file

version 2.0     # conforms to second version of ipsec.conf specification

# basic configuration
config setup
        interfaces=%defaultroute
        # NAT-TRAVERSAL support, see README.NAT-Traversal
        nat_traversal=yes

# Add connections here

conn %default
        keyingtries=3

conn netone
        left=10.10.136.94
        leftnexthop=%defaultroute
        leftprotoport=17/1701
         leftid=@10.10.136.94
        right=10.10.136.45
        rightnexthop=%defaultroute
        rightprotoport=17/1701
        rightid=@10.10.136.45
        authby=secret
        pfs=no
        auto=start

#Disable Opportunistic Encryption
include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

ipsec.secrets

@10.10.136.94 @10.10.136.45 : PSK "helloworld"

    Now when I start my connection than it starts without problem but windows client cant connect that server and tells that initial negotiation fails.If I remove leftid and rightid from ipsec.conf and remove @ip @ip from ipsec.secrets than it makes connection.

    Without leftid and rightid can I make multiple connection? Can any one solve that problem. thanks in advanced.

Regards,
Dhaval