[Openswan Users] vista AuthIP

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Sep 18 14:17:08 EDT 2007

Marco Berizzi schreef:

>> Paul wrote:
>>
>>> Show us the logs on the openswan end.
>>> And preferable the OAKLEY.LOG on the windows end.

Things are alright if you use a PSK. Vista even supports PFS, but only if you
use the command-line tool, not the GUI. For more details, see my webpage:

http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/vista-openswan.html#AuthIP

The problem is that Vista sends private payloads even though Openswan does not
respond to Vista's private Vendor IDs. Perhaps there is a (well hidden)
configuration option where you can disable this behaviour. More likely is that
it's a bug in Vista. Let's hope Microsoft fixes it in Vista SP1.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl