[Openswan Users] IPsec over GRE

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães leolistas at solutti.com.br
Thu Sep 6 07:26:27 EDT 2007

Bholi Patra escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I want to set up IPsec over GRE tunnel between an openswan box and a
> cisco router.
> Can anybody tell me how to go about it.

    Why not direct IPSec between openswan and cisco ????

    If your GRE tunnel is already up and running, there should be no
difference at all on getting IPSec running over GRE tunnel. The only
thing i can imagine is that you'll probably have MTU problems because of
this tunnel over tunnel situation. Maybe you'll need some '-j TCPMSS' on
openswan box (supposing it's linux) and 'ip tcp adjust-mss' on your
cisco router to adjust MSS and thus avoid MTU problems.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br