[Openswan Users] openswan/xl2tpd server behind nat

Gurvinder Singh gurvinder.er at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 01:30:35 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 12:48 am, Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 03.09.2007 18:43,, Gurvinder Singh wrote::
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using Openswan U2.4.9/K2.6.15.7 (netkey). my openswan/xl2tpd server
> > is behind the nat (static ip), i m not able to connect winxp ipsec/l2tp
> > client to openswan server which is also behind the nat(dynamic ip). when
> > i use direct static ip on openswan server then it works but when i put
> > behind the nat, its not working.  I am unable to find the problem.
>
> I'll not discuss the configuration I'm hardly able to understand a
> simple setup :-)
>
> But, on windows, you might need a patch and will need a registry
> change for IPSec to work across NAT'ing routers. See here:
> http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/win2000xp-openswan.html#NAT-T
>
> Using windows vista, the corresponding advice was very valuable to me
> and allowed me to set up the VPN without any problems (on the client
> side).
>
> Arno

     Thanks Arno for quick reply. I was using win xp with SP2 so i just edit
the registry and i am able to connect now.
            I have one more query, I have many windows ipsec/l2tp clients
behind the same nat(dynamic ip) at one time only one is able to connect, any
solution for connecting all the windows clients simultaneously.

Gurvinder Singh