[Openswan Users] Openswan-3.0.6. runtime requirements

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Oct 30 14:07:05 EDT 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, KokHow.Teh at infineon.com wrote:

> Hi;
> 	I am using 3.0.6 from
> ftp://ftp.openswan.org/openswan/development/openswan-3.0.06.tgz on my
> embedded system. Since it is an embedded system running rootfs on flash,
> it has memory constraints that fail the runtime requirements of
> openswan-3.0.6 which needs certain modules and perl which I am not sure
> could be done away with to use openswan to test my hardware crypto. Here
> are the error messages that I get when I run /etc/init.d/ispec start:

You do not need perl. Only 'ipsec verify', a diagnostic tool, requires perl.

> ipsec_setup: /usr/local/sbin/ipsec: exec: line 136:
> /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/calcgoo: not found

You can ignore the calcgoo references, those should be completely removed.
It was used for figuring out the proper ipsec kernel module to load for
a specific arch before useful packaging of kernels happened.

> ipsec_setup: modprobe: module hw_random not found

That's okay, you have no HWRNG.

> ipsec_setup: modprobe: failed to load module padlock

And you have no padlock, that's fine too.