[Openswan Users] Openswan-3.0.6. runtime requirements

KokHow.Teh at infineon.com KokHow.Teh at infineon.com
Tue Oct 30 03:29:29 EDT 2007

Hi;
	I am using 3.0.6 from
ftp://ftp.openswan.org/openswan/development/openswan-3.0.06.tgz on my
embedded system. Since it is an embedded system running rootfs on flash,
it has memory constraints that fail the runtime requirements of
openswan-3.0.6 which needs certain modules and perl which I am not sure
could be done away with to use openswan to test my hardware crypto. Here
are the error messages that I get when I run /etc/init.d/ispec start:

ipsec_setup: + ipsec _realsetup start

ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec 3.0.06GITGITGIT...

ipsec_setup: klips true

ipsec_setup: mast false

ipsec_setup: modules /proc/modules

ipsec_setup: ipsecversion /proc/net/ipsec_version

ipsec_setup: calcgoo: warning: 2.6 kernel with kallsyms not supported
yet

ipsec_setup: /usr/local/sbin/ipsec: exec: line 136:
/usr/local/libexec/ipsec/calcgoo: not found

ipsec_setup: moduleplace /lib/modules/2.6.20/kernel/net/ipsec

ipsec_setup: modulename ipsec.ko

ipsec_setup: wantgoo

ipsec_setup: /usr/local/sbin/ipsec: exec: line 136:
/usr/local/libexec/ipsec/calcgoo: not found

ipsec_setup: modprobe: module hw_random not found

ipsec_setup: modprobe: failed to load module hw_random

ipsec_setup: modprobe: module padlock not found

ipsec_setup: modprobe: failed to load module padlock

ipsec_setup: + echo 0

	As shown, it looks for hw_random and padlock modules which are
not in my system. The failure to running calcoo was due to absence of
perl in my busybox. Please advise if these could be done away with. I
didn't see these error messages when I used 2.4.9. Any insight and
advice is appreciated.

Regards,
KH