[Openswan Users] Link established no data going through

Martin Erasmus martin at onyx.co.za
Fri Oct 12 10:37:56 EDT 2007

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Martin Erasmus wrote:
>
>> when I start the link I get the following
>
>> 004 "besho-besntl" #2: STATE_QUICK_I2: sent QI2, IPsec SA established
>> {ESP=>0x2f9d6b26 <0xed6cf187 IPCOMP=>0x00003e3e <0x00009a08}
>>
>> but nothing travels through no ping nothing from both sides
>
> What does ipsec verify say?
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Building and integrating Virtual Private Networks with Openswan:

HI

[root at natal root]# ipsec verify
Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path                                         [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.1.5/K2.6.8-1.521smp (native) (native)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel                                    [OK]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)                       [OK]
Checking that pluto is running                                          [OK]
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding                    [OK]
Checking NAT and MASQUERADEing                                          [OK]
Checking for 'ip' command                                               [OK]
Checking for 'iptables' command                                         [OK]
Checking for 'setkey' command for native IPsec stack support            [OK]

Opportunistic Encryption DNS checks:
   Looking for TXT in forward dns zone: natal
[MISSING]
   Does the machine have at least one non-private address?              [OK]
   Looking for TXT in reverse dns zone: 24.44.240.41.in-addr.arpa.
[MISSING]

thanks