[Openswan Users] Openswan Installation: Help

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Fri Nov 30 09:11:02 EST 2007

In most modern kernels NETKEY is already installed, in your case it seems this isn't so.
Use the following commands to install the KLIPS module.
This is the easiest way to get openswan running without any kernel changes.
And it's documented in the README and INSTALL files with the commands you already used.
First you'll need your kernel source which matches your kernel installed.
make KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux-`uname -r` module
make KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux-`uname -r` minstall

Afterwards you need to start the ipsec service.

Peter McGill

  _____