[Openswan Users] Disconnect issue for http requests

Richard Cox conardcox at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 17:57:24 EDT 2007

Hi Jacco,
	Thanks for the reply.  In the first case, I don't have any Wifi to test with,
so I can't really check it.  It also won't work as a windows modem.  I will
say that when I lose the connection, I actually lose just the VPN connection,
not the physical link.  I'll just start getting 'too many retry' errors and
the server will drop the connection.  It could be that the physical
connection drops for a short period, long enough to make the client think
that the connection is not longer there, and it just disconnects.  It always
seems that the client (the device) is the one that initiates the disconnect.

	For the other issue with http connnections, I am accessing by IP address.  It
still strikes me as strange, though, since my putty connection that works
(though it frequently disconnects) also uses the same IP address.  So I would
think both the putty and http session would behave the same way with respect
to the Connection Manager.  Of course, since it's MS, that could be exactly
it.  Consistency isn't one of their strong points.   MS really did make a
mess of that setup for VPN.  Thanks for the link to the article and I'll give
the exception list a try.

Regards,

Richard