[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.4.10rc1 released

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Nov 1 00:19:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

The first release candidate for Openswan 2.4.10 has been pushed to the
ftp server. We need your help to test it before we can release the final
version.

The release is a major bugfix release. Many people contributed to this
release. Thanks especially to David McCullough, Hugh Redelmeier, and
Sergeil.

Most notable fixes:
- KLIPS works on kernels up to 2.6.23.1
- NAT-T patch works on kernels up to 2.6.22
- The protoport 17/%any "is a template" issue has been fixed
- Extrusion "routing hack" did not work on p-t-p links
- Fixes for Aggressive Mode
- Workarounds for Cisco VPN 3000, OSX and Windows l2tp bugs
- Xauth name with space bug
- Enhanced logging for "our client ID returned doesn't match my proposal"
  (bugfix/workaround pending)

As stated before, we are planning to retire the 2.4.x tree, and focus
our attention on the openswan 2.5 and 3.0 series. If you have any fixes
you really want to go into the 2.4.x tree, contact us over the next few days.

If we don't hear any showstoppers, we will release 2.4.10 on Tuesday.