[Openswan Users] Roadwarrior IPSec Connection !

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Mar 30 17:15:02 EDT 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Alok Thaker wrote:

>                  Well as paul said i need to give left=%defaultroute and
> right=%any but I am a little bit confused over here.I want an ipsec.conf for
> roadwarrior connecton using PSK not certificates and I am establishing IPSec
> vpn connectivity using Windows XP and Linux VPN Openswan server.

I did not say that. Do not use left=%defaultroute  and right=%any  on the
server. I said on a CLIENT you use left=%defaultroute. And on the SERVER
you use right=%any.

> So plz tell me what should i write in ipsec.conf for having an roadwarrior
> connection so that any users can connect to the my openswan ipsec server
> from anywhere.

Are you using a windows ipsec client? If not, then you must use l2tp,
for which example configs are in /etc/ipsec.d/exampes/ and you will also
need to configure and run xl2tpd.

If you use an ipsec client on windows, it all depends on what you want
to do, but for starters you want left=yourpublicip and right=%any

for PSK you want authby=secret and add the secret in /etc/ipsec.secrets

Other examples for configs can be found in openswan-2.x.y/testing/pluto/