[Openswan Users] Unauthorized remote IP address

Jax cybercorecentre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:45:38 EDT 2007

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Jax wrote:
>

>> Does it matter what is the openswan version on the other side when the
>> ipsec connection works?
>>
>> However I setup the ips in the l2tpd.conf under lac
>>
>>  local ip = 10.20.30.2
>>  remote ip = 10.20.30.1
>>

> Don't use "remote ip" at all. Only use "local ip" on an l2tp server end.
> For a client, don't use local/remote ip at all, just have the
> lns = remote_public_ip

OK you didn't understand 2 things here, what I heighten in my mails:

- I use l2tpd as a client (why? because there is no other console based l2tp client for linux, btw I use the newer version (yes 0.70 backport to sarge))
- I don't have access to the server, so the l2tpd server on the other side is not a question

Yes I tried all possible variations now, and it has nothing to do with the lan ip range (as I thought), because I reconfigured the lan interface for a while and it come again with the unauthorized remote ip.

> Paul

Jax