[Openswan Users] FC6 Openswan yum updates broken?

Chris Bartram chrisb at 3k.com
Sun Mar 11 16:19:57 EDT 2007

After a horrendous and much more exciting than I needed update from FC4 to
FC6 on one of my servers yesterday (an update done so I could get a good
working/supported version of OpenSwan running) I find all my automatic
update processes on the server (yum etc.) fail because they hit the openswan
ftp site and the directory structure for the FC6 version is missing???

<quote>
# yum list
Setting up repositories
http://www.openswan.org/download/binaries/fedora/6/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:14:27 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.2 (Fedora)

Trying other mirror.
ftp://ftp.openswan.org/openswan/binaries/fedora/6/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 550 Failed to change directory.
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: openswan
</quote>

Even removing openswan didn't fix that problem.. I still can't use yum at
all? Still poking around to discover how to get that check out of my yum
settings...

FTP'ing to the openswan.org site, it appears that after .../fedora/  there
is a /3 and a /4 but no /6? Or even /5 for that matter.

Is it not ready? If it is did someone forget to update something?

Thanks,
 -Chris B