[Openswan Users] Apple iPhone to support L2TP/IPsec

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Wed Jun 27 06:10:19 EDT 2007

The upcoming Apple iPhone is rumoured to ship with the same VPN client as
Mac OS X:

http://9to5mac.com/Apple-iPhone-word-excel-doc-xls-vpn-l2tp-pptp-ipsec-quick-look-5346564

This client _should_ work with Openswan. I do wonder whether the iPhone
supports X.509 authentication, because installing a certificate on Mac OS X is
not a straightforward operation.

So if there is anyone willing to do a little experiment once the iPhone is
out, let us know on this list! :-)

As an aside, Windows Mobile based smartphones have supported L2TP/IPsec for
some time now, but I have never been able to actually start a connection (on
the emulator at least).

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl