[Openswan Users] Does strongswan provide development APIs just like OpenSSL?

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães leolistas at solutti.com.br
Fri Jun 22 18:03:24 EDT 2007

Jianqing Zhang escreveu:
> Does strongswan provide development APIs just like OpenSSL, by which I
> can set up IPSec tunnels in my own program? If so, where can I find
> some examples?

    No and certainly never will. SSL VPNs and IPSec are completly
different techniques, despite the fact both provides secure communication.

    If you need to secure connection from your own program, stick with
OpenSSL and forget IPSec. If you want to secure the whole network
traffic thus allowing your programs to transmit insecure data which will
be secured on the network layer, then IPSec is the answer for your
problems !

    IPSec secures things on network layer. SSL Secures things on
application layer.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues