[Openswan Users] Traffic shaping on VPN

Administrator admin at different-perspectives.com
Sun Jun 17 06:20:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have functioning VPNs using IPCop both ends.  I'd like to add a queuing
discipline for outgoing packets so the bandwidth gets more fairly shared.
Can anybody advise me?

Are the packets which go into the IPSec* interfaces encrypted or unencrypted
- i.e. will the queuing discipline have enough information to add some kind
of "fairness" to the game?

I believe I need to attach the round discipline to the IPSec* interfaces,
and reduce the queue length to something like 10 packets.  Any comments?

Has anybody tried this (successfully or unsuccessfully)?

TIA
David

--
D.S. Hodgson - different perspectives