[Openswan Users] Need your help related to l2tpd-openswan

Utkarsh Shah utkarsh at elitecore.com
Fri Jun 15 03:09:17 EDT 2007

Hi jacco,

Jacco de Leeuw wrote:
> Utkarsh Shah wrote:
>
>> 1. When L2TP server is behind NAT box, it doesn't work.
>
> http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/openswan-l2tp.html#serverNATed
>
> Or do you mean you are forwarding L2TP from the Openswan server to
> some other L2TP server located behind it?
It is the same network scenario.
[LAN]------[openswan 2.4.5]------[NAT
Box]----------------------------------[NAT Box / Router]-----[RW Client]
RW Client can be either on public IP or behind NAT Box.

I changed registry as suggested at microsoft site

but unable to establish l2tp connection :(.
during debugging i found that checksum for 1701 packet is wrong and
packets were dropped.

http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/vista-openswan.html#NAT-T
You said that you have made change to George's script. Can I have script
and procedure to execute it.

One more question is can i achieve multiple clients located b/h same nat
box.
I searched for it but what i found is "it is not possible".

> Jacco

Thanks & Regards,
Utkarsh Shah