[Openswan Users] Need your help related to l2tpd-openswan

Utkarsh Shah utkarsh at elitecore.com
Fri Jun 15 01:51:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

Jacco de Leeuw wrote:
> Utkarsh Shah wrote:
>
>> I want external authentication for l2tp users
>> i am able to do it if PAP is used
>
> Great!
>
>> i want to use chap or ms-chap
>
> Why?
Some of our users are non technical persons.
And as written by microsoft its unsecure they want to use ms-chap or chap.
For that we need to support ms-chap or chap

>> external server accepts plain password
>
> I.e. PAP? This worked, right? It doesn't support CHAP or MS-CHAP?
Yes, PAP works fine. we have different ways to authenticate user
1. ADS server
2. LDAP server
3. Mysql Database

in mysql it is stored as plain text.
If chap or mschap is used then password comes encrypted and fail to
compare it with plain text.
Kindly suggest me a way where I can use both mysql and ADS & LDAP server.

> Jacco
Thanks for your help and interest.

Regards,
Utkarsh Shah