[Openswan Users] Do I need to patch the kernel to build OCF with Openswan?

Ankit Parikh anks.capri20 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:10:51 EDT 2007

Tried patching and grep too , but without much success!!! the problem seems
to be with ipsec only !!! I installed openswan 2.4.7 and just did ipsec and
everything worked fine !! but if I use openswan 3.0.06 then, the problems
arise...This is the output I get...

root at localhost openswan-3.0.06]# service ipsec start
ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec 3.0.06GITGITGIT...
ipsec_setup: FATAL: Error inserting ipsec
(/lib/modules/2.6.18.8/kernel/net/ipsec/ipsec.ko): Unknown symbol in module,
or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
ipsec_setup: calcgoo: warning: 2.6 kernel with kallsyms not supported yet
ipsec_setup: insmod /lib/modules/2.6.18.8/kernel/drivers/crypto/padlock.ko
ipsec_setup: FATAL: Error inserting padlock
(/lib/modules/2.6.18.8/kernel/drivers/crypto/padlock.ko): No such device
ipsec_setup: insmod /lib/modules/2.6.18.8/kernel/net/ipsec/ipsec.ko
ipsec_setup: FATAL: Error inserting ipsec
(/lib/modules/2.6.18.8/kernel/net/ipsec/ipsec.ko): Unknown symbol in module,
or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
ipsec_setup: kernel appears to lack IPsec support (neither CONFIG_KLIPS or
CONFIG_NET_KEY are set)

What does these means? Error inserting ipsec, error inserting padlock ????
There some unknown symbol in the module....what is the meaning of that?

regards,
Ankit

--
Ankit Parikh