[Openswan Users] Do I need to patch the kernel to build OCF with Openswan?

David McCullough David_Mccullough at securecomputing.com
Thu Jul 19 23:33:11 EDT 2007

Jivin Ankit Parikh lays it down ...
> I am sorry for so many posts and flooding the mailing lists, but I am new to
> everything..including linux and openswan..Plz don't mind..

No probs.

> I am running the new kernel which i recompiled. I recompiled the same
> version of the kernel. (2.6.18.8). Here is what I get by dmesg. I observed
> one thing while the comp. boots. When IPSec service starts, it prints out
> that neither CONFIG_KLIPS or
> CONFIG_NET_KEY are set and it fails and the booting of other services
> continues.

Those errors are from pluto and the user apps because the ipsec
driver is failing to load.

> NET: Registered protocol family 31
> Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
> Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
> Bluetooth: L2CAP ver 2.8
> Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
> Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
> Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
> Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.8
> Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.1
> ipsec: Unknown symbol abort
> padlock: VIA PadLock not detected.
> ipsec: Unknown symbol abort

This is your problem,  ipsec is calling abort(),  yet there is no such
kernel function.  Try the attached patch.  Perhaps run a grep across
you openswan/linux tree for abort if this doesn't fix it.

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough,  david_mccullough at securecomputing.com,   Ph:+61 734352815