[Openswan Users] Mapping users to LAC/LNS?

Mike Horn lists at caddisconsulting.com
Wed Jan 24 12:37:18 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm using xl2tpd and Openswan for remote access.  I have a basic
configuration working where all users belong to the same VPN, but now I want
to create a more advanced configuration where different users are mapped to
different VPNs based on the user's domain.

Here's what I would like to do:

Map user1 at sales.company.com to "VPN 1"
Map user2 at eng.company.com to "VPN 2"

In this case VPN 1 and VPN 2 have different IP address pools, authentication
requirements, etc.  After beating my head against the wall and countless
Google searches I haven't been able to create a working configuration.  My
belief is that you should be able to accomplish this using separate LAC and
LNS configurations for VPN 1 and VPN 2 in the xl2tpd.conf file, but I have
not managed to find any examples.

Is this functionality possible using xl2tpd?  If so, can anyone share a
working configuration?

Thanks!

-mike