[Openswan Users] Netgear DG834 (fwd)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Feb 26 17:57:55 EST 2007

> 003 ike string error: hash_alg not found, enc_alg="3des", auth_alg="sha1",
> modp="modp1024"
>
> conn someone
>         type=tunnel
>         authby=secret
>         keyexchange=ike
>         auto=start
>         pfs=no
>         # aggrmode=yes
>         ike=3des-sha1-modp1024
>         esp=3des-sha1
>         # LOCAL
>         left=%defaultroute
>         leftsubnet=192.168.10.0/24
>         leftid=me at localid.org
>         # REMOTE
>         right=someone.dyndns.org
>         rightsubnet=192.168.254.0/24
>         rightnexthop=%defaultroute
>         rightid=id at remoteid.org

I added this to our test server and did: ipsec auto --add someone:

Feb 26 23:29:56 testserver pluto[1879]: added connection description "someone"

What version of openswan is this? You can try using "sha" instead of "sha1"
for some older versions.

> PFS: Off

Your openswan config is using PFS. If possible you should change it on the
other end as well. If you can't, add pfs=no and leave out the modpgroup
setting.

Users at openswan.org