[Openswan Users] KLIPS and kernel 2.6.20

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Feb 22 11:40:52 EST 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Paul Wouters wrote:

> 2.6.20.
>
> > << include/linux/net.h issues >>
> >
> > In the 2.6.20 kernel source the type for sock_unregister() changed from
> > "int" to "void".  This is defined in include/linux/net.h and is referenced
> > in net/socket.c and net/ipsec/pfkey_v2.c.  I'm not sure what the right
> > solution for this is, to get it to compile I changed the type back to "int"
> > and it appears to work.
>
> I will look into this issue, I hadn't noticed this yet.

I am not sure what you had to do. Checking the openswan source for sock_unregister:

[root at bofh openswan-2.4.8pre]# find . -type f | xargs grep sock_unregister
./testing/packaging/modtest-link-01/unknowns.txt:sock_unregister
./linux/net/ipsec/pfkey_v2.c:        sock_unregister(PF_KEY);

There is only one call to sock_unregister, and we are not using any returned
value from it:

int
pfkey_cleanup(void)
{
        int error = 0;

        printk(KERN_INFO "klips_info:pfkey_cleanup: "
               "shutting down PF_KEY domain sockets.\n");
        sock_unregister(PF_KEY);