[Openswan Users] wavesec and windows vista

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Wed Feb 21 10:32:18 EST 2007

Paul Wouters wrote:

> Note that certimport.exe still seems to work. But there also, it would be
> nice to have a GUI. Anyone wants to write a wrapper GUI?

There already is one:
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/I-N/internet/security/article.php/c6211/

The executable doesn't run on Vista but it probably only requires a
recompile with Visual Studio 2005. There's an Express Edition that can
be downloaded for free (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/).

> Also, I am not
> sure if the new Vista security model will automatically kick in (and grey
> out the screen and prompt for a password to get administrator access), or
> whether we need to trigger this by asking for the access level.

Some changes are probably required to support User Account Control on
Windows Vista.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl