[Openswan Users] wavesec and windows vista

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Feb 21 09:56:35 EST 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Marco Berizzi wrote:

> > > Hello everybody.
> > > I did try to install waveSEC-0.99-xp on windoze vista,
> > > but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore. Ipseccmd.exe
> > > (which doesn't work) has been replaced by the built-in
> > > command 'netsh ipsec'.
> > > Is there any plan to update wavesec?
> >
> > Not at this point.
>
> :-(( It was a very user friendly tool: a single double
> click.
>
> > Does lsipsectool still work? That's a good
> > alternative.
>
> I don't know. I will try ASAP.

Please let the list know your answer.

I would love to spend more time on getting a GUI back on Windows, but we're
lacking the resources for this now. Perhaps the lsipsectool author will
spend some time for updating his tool.

Note that certimport.exe still seems to work. But there also, it would be
nice to have a GUI. Anyone wants to write a wrapper GUI? Also, I am not
sure if the new Vista security model will automatically kick in (and grey
out the screen and prompt for a password to get administrator access), or
whether we need to trigger this by asking for the access level.