[Openswan Users] Configuration Help

Josh jhcrowe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:00:17 EST 2007

Justin,

I think I have multiple problems here.  One of them being me.  After talking
to our network department they have stated that the setup is a 1 to 1 NAT.
Unfortunately I provided the wrong address for System B since it is not on
the same network.  Its address is 100.100.109.3 as the public address.  So
my connection looks like this:

SystemA (100.100.110.2) --->(100.100.109.3)NAT--->SystemB(192.168.1.3)

So I am trying to find a good example online that would mimic this setup so
I could use their config file but I am confused when I so no explanation as
to what the following key words mean:

virtual_private

Also is it necessary to use the following command to get the tunnels to
connect:

ipsec auto --up systema-systemb

If you could point me to a basic config example that I could use on systemA
and systemB that would be awesome!

Thanks for your help!