[Openswan Users] routing problem

Fatih fatih.ozerol at kamilkoc.com.tr
Thu Dec 27 03:34:53 EST 2007

Hi,

this problem occured after upgrading from openswan version 2.4.6 to 2.4.8

firstly i want to explain my system briefly

computer has 2 real internet ip address first is attached to ppp0 and
second to ppp1

default route is ppp0

openswan works on both ip address. but real_ip_address2 which is
attached to ppp1 only accepts ipsec-vpn request from static ip
addresses. for implement that  i add the routing table appropriate
entry. for instance i assume request come from 85.105.22.22. so i write
to command line  "route add 85.105.22.22 gw ppp1_interface_gw_ipaddress"
that works well.

the problem is that: somethings randomly occurs and this routing entry
is removed. thus if client wants to reconnect, attempt is failed.

As i said before this problem occured after upgrading from version 2.4.6
to 2.4.8.

i have overcame the problem, with adding an entry to
/usr/lib/ipsec/_updown at line 386. the entry is /usr/bin/routing.sh
i have writen down all routing entries to that file. I know that this
solutions is cursory.

what is the  appropriate way to accomplish this. or is this a bug
revealed at version 2.4.8.

thanks for your replies