[Openswan Users] routing problems after changing kernel from 2.6.14.4 to 2.6.22.6

Daniel Hauser hausi73 at gmx.ch
Wed Dec 5 03:14:03 EST 2007

Hi Andrew
I found the point where it failed. For some unknown reason the old Kernel
masqueraded the outgoing traffic after the IPsec routing was made and the new
Kernel does this before. In this case the data packets to the IPsec tunnel
seemed to come from the gateway itself instead of a machine behind the
gateway and therefore were not routed to the tunnel.
My solution is to mark all traffic to the tunnel with iptables and only
masquerade not marked packets.

Regards
Daniel